Just Like Starting Over Again



Picture it............

Mr. Yves Bollag and his family were on a family trip here in the states. They are staying at the magnificent Bellagio and have ordered for the night a cocktail of fine dining, taking in the sites, sounds and smells of Las Vegas and ending it with a show. It's about 3:30pm and as Yves is in a small Gift Shop looking over a beautiful necklace for his wife, He comes up with an idea. Full of esteem and loving secrecy, he quickly gathers his 2 sons and whispers to them. Like a igniting a flame with a match, the excitement bursts into action and the anticipation grows between the 3 men.

The Bollag family arrives to "the Chapel of the Flowers", at early evening. The sun is still sizzling in the sky, however is making its farewell rounds as it slowly falls over the building tops. The Bollag family arrive onto the cobblestone entrance of our wedding chapel and exit their limo to take in the beautiful grounds they have seen and heard of on TLC as well as through the staff of the Bellagio. The staff immediately gets into character. Little smiles and heartwarming welcome greets the Bollag family.

When I met Yves, it was almost as if this man were getting married for the first time. His eyes sparkled with so much love for his wife, as told me his surprise plan to marry her tonight all over again.

Once Yves wife Miranda realised what was going on, it was as if she were brought into that flame of fire and it was complete. Tears welled up in both Yves and Miranda's eyes and I might just have to believe in faith, that those boys may have had a lump in their throats themselves.

One thing that sticks with me the most was the look in Yves eyes as he entrusted to me the music CD he cherished. He explained to me that this song, was the only one he wanted to play, that song represents everything they were, are and are going to be. This song, was priceless to him. I took in my hands and didn't let it go until I knew for sure it would be played over them as he requested it.

I took some time on my own that night, to look over the words of this song. It's a song called "Just Like Starting Over Again" by our amazing music legend, John Lennon. As I play this song tonight as I write this story to you. My hope is for every man and woman out there, to find a love that is as strong, as laborious, as cherished and as redeemed as Yves and Miranda's was that night.

So tonight, I leave you with the Lyrics to this song, play it once or twice.. you know how to find it online. :) Remind yourself once again, who the love of your life is and maybe its your turn to have a chance to start all over again....


Just Like Starting Over Again
John Lennon

"Our life together is so precious together,
We have grown - we have grown,
Although our love is still special,
Let's take our chance and fly away somewhere alone,
It's been so long since we took the time,
No-one's to blame,
I know time flies so quikly,
But when I see you darling,
It's like we both are falling in love again,
It'll be just like starting over - starting over,
Everyday we used to make it love,
Why can't we be making love nice and easy,
It's time to spread our wing's and fly,
Don't let another day go by my love,
It'll be just like starting over - starting over,
Why don't we take off alone, Take a trip far, far away,
We'll be together on our own again,
Like we used to in the early days,
Well, well, well darling, I
t's been so long since we took the time,
No-one's to blame,
I know time flies so quickly,
But when I see you darling,
It's like we both are falling in love again,
It'll be just like starting over - starting over,
Everyday we used to make it love,
Why can't we be making love nice and easy,
It's time to spread our wing's and fly,
Don't let another day go by my love,
It'll be just like starting over - starting over,
Our life together is so precious together,
We have grown - we have grown,
Although our love is still special,
Let's take our chance and fly away
...................... somewhere alone.

Blog Archive