The New Kid on The Chapel Block!



The New Kid On the Block

Hello Blogger fans!

I am the newest kid on the block here at The Chapel of Flowers! My name is Tonia and I am one of the new wedding coordinators! My story in finding this “hidden treasure” in the craziness of Las Vegas, is somewhat unique. Prior to my work here, I was a full time nanny for almost 3 years and before that worked as a special event planner for major companies such as Disney, St. Regis Aspen and Opryland Hotel in Nashville. On the side, a striving musician and songwriter. One bright sunny morning, I went for a drive on the Las Vegas Strip and passed by many chapels, however when I saw the chapel of flowers and the beautiful landscaping, something unexpected hit me. I knew this was an elegant and unique place; I was drawn to it immediately. I initially called to see if by chance they were hiring piano players, but it turned out, they needed a wedding coordinator! That creativity and passion to be a part of an awesome planning team was reignited in me and there I was standing in the line of applicants, with a hopeful heart!

Hired!!! It didn’t take long to see that this team was a perfect fit for my personality and background! I have been here only a few weeks and I am just blown away at the talented and passionate people I work with! I can tell you this; you don’t find this kind of team just anywhere! The training has been spectacular and reminds me of my Disney days, when I was taught that doing this job is all about the magic, the experience and inviting “guests” not customers to be a part of it.

All in all, this is truly the BEST hidden treasure of Las Vegas. There are many chapels, that will just rush you in and rush you out, but when you plan your wedding here at The Chapel of flowers, no matter what the situation, we take ownership of your day until it’s carried out to a beautiful perfection and we send you off, the happy newlyweds, to your new life together! Everything taken care of for you!

I’ll say that this is my first of blogs as the new kid on the block! I can’t wait to blog more about the experiences here, some of the awesome weddings I’ll get to coordinate and more! So stay tuned and let me know what you think!

Blog Archive